If you use Google Product Search, you may have already heard of the changes required by September 22, 2011. In an effort to assist online shoppers, Google now requires that merchants add more information to product data feeds for all products listed in Google Product Search.
Simply put, you must implement the required data feed changes before the deadline or your products may be dropped from Google Product Search altogether.
Product attribute requirements for Google Product Search:
- Basic Product Information– specific information and description of the product
- Availability & Price-updated inventory and price of products
- Unique Product Identifiers- brand names, UPC’s, EANs, JANs or ISBNs
- Product Variants- only differs by color, material, pattern or size
- Apparel Products- all variations such as color, gender, size, material
- Tax & Shipping- local tax rates and shipping costs
- Nearby Brick and Mortar Stores- include store locations where customers can find you
Also, as part of the change, Google will be spot checking to verify all requirements are met and remove products that fall short. It is Google’s intention to improve shoppers’ experience by way of more accurate and relevant details, such as inventory levels and pricing.
- To learn more see Changes to Google Product – Search Summer 2011.
- Find additional product feed specifications at the Google Merchant Help Center.
Since many Acumium customers use Google Product Search to enhance their products’ presence on the Internet, we want to make you aware and help implement these required attribute specifications to guarantee all criteria are met. In addition, Acumium would love to track timeline analytical information in a case study, showing your company’s success through the implementation of the Google Product Search updates.
ACT NOW! Contact Acumium to meet the September 22nd deadline.
608-310-9700 or email us at email@example.com