We’re honored to announce that Acumium was awarded 2014 Best Places to Work by Madison Magazine! The winning companies were announced today in Madison Magazine.
Madison Magazine is the region’s most widely read business and lifestyle magazine. Any company in Dane County and the surrounding areas was eligible to compete for the award. Organizations were nominated and then employees were surveyed to determine the finalists.
Acumium was established in 2001 by owner and CEO Dan Costello. Today, we have about 20 on-site employees. On top of the typical health, dental and retirement packages, Acumium also offers flexible scheduling and remote working to promote a healthy work-life balance. Another recent benefit added to the package is free bus passes for all employees.
But what we think landed us on the Best Places to Work list was our commitment to providing a fun and laid back atmosphere. Some of the office perks include:
- Employees take turns being DJ for the day and play music throughout the office
- Popcorn is made daily in our old-school movie theater style popper
- A casual dress code of jeans and flip-flops (weather permitting) is the daily norm
- We have company lunch or breakfast every other week
- Occasional grill outs and company happy hour celebrations
Employees are also encouraged to keep the day fun, with Nerf guns and RC helicopters for office play time, as well as ping pong and shuffleboard tables in the basement.
We genuinely enjoy each other’s company, which makes everyone enjoy their work even more. Everyone works together to make the office a fun place to be. We are happy to be considered a work hard, play hard company.
Meet the Acumium team members on our website.